What makes the Canary Islands so great for family holidays?
Looking for the perfect destination for toddler-friendly holidays can feel like a lot of pressure. You want to pick somewhere that meets all of your (and your kids’) expectations. Luckily, the Canary Islands offers something to satisfy even the most demanding little traveller.
Here are just some of the factors that make the Canary Islands a strong contender for best family holiday destination.
The Best Islands for Toddler-Friendly Holidays
First things first, you need to find the best region in the Islands for your family holiday. Here are some of our favourites:
- Lanzarote: Perfect for families; in particular, the Parque Nacional de Timanfaya has something to impress everyone, including moonscape terrain, natural geysers, camel rides, audio visual presentations and a volcano restaurant.
- Tenerife: There are plenty of reasons why Tenerife is so popular for families, but one of the main ones has to be the theme parks, as well as great activities like boat rides, go-karting and whale watching.
- Gran Canaria: Las Palmas not only has a stunning city beach, it also has a fantastic science museum which is both fun and educational.
- Fuerteventura: Corralejo has something for kids of any age, including shops and dunes for older kids and sheltered coves for little ones. There is also Baku Water Park which is sure to put a smile on the whole family’s faces.
Water Sports and Boat Rides
As adults, we’re drawn to afternoons lazing round the beach or pool, but our little ones want constant entertainment when on holiday. Here are some of the best spots for boat rides and water sports across the Canary Islands:
- Dive Academy, Arguineguín, Gran Canaria: This is a great introduction to the art of diving, made especially for kids aged 8 to 10.
- Submarine Safaris, Tenerife and Lanzarote: For older kids, why not take part in this underwater boat ride?
- Tina, Valle Gran Rey, La Gomera: For a full afternoon of fun, try these whale-watching trips. They last about four hours and lunch is included.
- Oceanarium Explorer, Calea de Fuste, Fuerteventura: Alternatively, these dolphin and whale spotting trips offer kayak hire and sea lions at the harbour.
We all know that kids love theme parks and enclosures, so here are some of the best ones you’ll find around the Canary Islands.
- Siam Park, Costa Adeje, Tenerife: This huge water park has everything from raft rides on rapids to an artificial wave pool and even its own sandy beach.
- Maroparque, Breña Alta, La Palma: For a calmer afternoon, this spot boasts a zoo with spacious enclosures and tranquil gardens.
- Oasis Park,La Lajita, Fuerteventura: This delightful park has everything your kids need for an unforgettable experience, including camel rides!
- Guinate Tropical Park, Guinate, Lanzarote: As well as family fun, you’ll also find over 1,300 exotic birds in this stunning and unique park.
Planning for Toddler-Friendly Holidays in the Canary Islands
Before you book your family holiday in the Canary Islands, here are some things you should keep in mind:
- Most hotels include travel cots for little ones. You can often ring up in advance and secure one.
- Many hotels also have a kid’s club and activities geared towards children, along with babysitting facilities.
- Most rental car firms will allow you to hire booster seats for infants and children, so ring up in advance.
- With so many activities out there to choose from, make sure you make your choices early on to avoid tantrums!
For fantastic toddler friendly holidays in the Canary Islands, visit https://www.totstoo.com