How many of us reach adulthood only to discover that we still don't know what we want to be when we grow up? That's definitely me. I've changed jobs and moved more times than most people would care to count. I guess I've been a bit of a restless spirit as I've looked for the place and career that fit right.... I am happy to announce that I've finally found it! When I grow up I want to be an Innkeeper... (NOTE: just because I'm now and innkeeper, doesn't mean I'm ready to grow up... I think I'll stay young for ever... Living up to my name, which means "Youthful One.")
I've been at the Potters Inn for almost a year now and it has been a perfect match for the ways that God created me:
1) I need lots of change to keep from going crazy - When necessary, I just rearrange the furniture. LOL
2) I enjoy making new friends - I meet the most interesting (yes, sometimes challenging) people in this job!
3) I like to cook, especially breakfast food - which is good since I cook breakfast for my guests every morning.
4) Planning special events gives me a rush! - I like the pressure of planning and executing a special event, pressing to the goal, completing the task and waking up the next morning to start a new adventure. - I've been able to host/cater bridal luncheons, graduation dinners, business meetings and more.
5) I'm good at helping people find their way around a new place - If I don't know where something is, don't worry, I'll find it and soon have a map to show you how to get there. :)
The inn life is definitely the life for me!