the world's smartest travel social network
Australia, officially Commonwealth of Australia, is a large country comprising the mainland of Australia, Tasmania Island and numerous smaller islands. It is the world's sixth largest country by total area of 7,686,850 square kilometers and has the population of about 24 million people. This is a large countries sharing border with many other countries. It is bordered East Timor, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea to the north, Vanuatu and Salomon Islands, Kanaky and Le Caillou (Nouvelle-Calédonie) in France to the northeast, and New Zealand to the southeast. Australia is located on the Indo-Australian Plate, surrounded by Pacific Ocean and Indian Ocean, separated from Asia by the Arafura and Timor seas, and the Tasman Sea lying between Australia and New Zealand. Compared to other continents in the world, Australia is the smallest continent but is the six-largest country in the world by the total area. This country has a long coastline up to 34,218km. Because Australia is isolated from other countries, so it is dubbed as "island continent"
Australian English is the most common language spoken in school, work offices, family with nearly 81% of population. Also, other common languages spoken at home are Italian (1.5%), Mandarin (1.7%), Cantonese (1.3%), Arabic (1.4%), Vietnamese (1.2%), Greek (1.3%). Because Australia has a large proportion of immigrants from previous generations, the first and second generation often use bilingual. According to the study, the most common language spoken by children is English, after English is Vietnamese, Greek, Chinese and Hindi. Under the constitution, the country has no state religion, they have very clear rules on religion. According to the survey data in 2011, Christians cover the majority of population with 61.1%, 22.3% of the population has no religion, 7.2% are non-Christian religions, the largest of these being Buddhism (2.5%), followed by Islam (2.2%), Hinduism (1.3%) and Judaism (0.5%).
Its climate is significantly influenced by ocean currents which is correlated with periodic drought, and the seasonal tropical low-pressure system. Due to many factors, the rainfall vary markedly from year to year. Much of the northern part of the country has the tropical climate, mostly summer and winter. The southwest has the Mediterranean climate. Much of the southeast including Tasmania Islands is temperate climate.
Pleasant climate, beautiful scenery and stunning beaches in Australia always attract numerous tourists around the world. It is difficult to explore and experience the beautiful country only in a short tour. Thus, tourists tends to visit the most famous attractions in Australia. Sydney will be listed on top. In addition to the natural beauty combined with modern features, Sydney appeals tourists should with impressive and unique architectures such as Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Aquarium and Uluru Rocks.
Blue Mountain Range in the west of Sydney has beautiful natural landscapes. Indispensable attractions in Blue Mountain include Kanangra Walls in Kanangra Boyd National Park- one of the most famous parks in Australia, Echo Pointin Katoomba City, Gordon Falls close to Leura, Govett's Leap in Blackheath, The Scenic Railway in Scenic World - the world's steepest railway, Cliff Drive in Katoomba and Leura, and mysterious Jenolan Caves.
Canberra is Australian peaceful capital with many unique architectural works, museum and gallery. Coming to Canberra, tourists should visit Canberra Museum and Gallery, National Science and Technology Center, war memorial, the National Museum of Australia, National Botanical Garden, National Exhibition, the National Library, the Parliament House and Black Mountain Tower. Interestingly, tourists have the opportunity to see kangaroos in The Pinnacle Nature Reserve.
Gold Coast with the most famous beaches of the country always attracts tourists. In particular, Surfers Paradise is an extremely ideal beach for entertainment on the waves like surf. It is very interesting if tourists have the time to explore gorgeous such as Greenmount Beach, Burleigh Heads, Broadbeach, Currumbin, North Burleigh, Tallebudgeera Creek, Snapper Rocks, Kirra and Rainbow Bay. Tourists will surely have a memorable trip when coming to the romantic and peaceful Birdsville town to see annual equestrian competitions at the weekend extremely attractive and exciting, or immerse in nature, walk through eucalyptus forests of Blue Mountain in New South Wales, or explore the beautiful bay of the Margaret river.
Presently, there are two busiest airports in Australia as Sydney International Airport, Melbourne International Airport. These airports are exploiting daily flights direct to/ from Australia. Besides, tourists can choose flights from Australia at some major airports such as:
- Sydney Airport (Sydney)
- Melbourne Airport (Melbourne)
- Brisbane Airport (Queensland)
- Perth Airport (Western Australia)
- Adelaide Airport (South Australia)
- Hobart International Airport (Hobart)
- Port Hedland International Airport
- Broome International Airport (Broome)
- Canberra International Airport (Canberra)
- Cairns International Airport (Cairns)
- Port Lincoln Airport
- Great Barrier Reef Airport (Whitsunday)
- Gold Coast Airport (Gold Coast)
Currently, flights from Australia to Vietnam have destinations at two largest airports in Vietnam: Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City) and Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi). Tourists can easily select flights of the reputable carriers in Asia and Oceania. Airlines offering cheap flights Sydney - Ho Chi Minh City are Vietnam Airlines, China Southern Airlines, Asiana Airlines, Malaysia Airlines... Meanwhile, cheap flights Sydney - Hanoi are exploited by Malaysia Airlines, Vietnam Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Philippine Airlines, China Eastern Airlines, Asiana Airlines...
Qantas is the most popular national airline in Australia. This is also one of the large carriers in the world. This airline has the enormous fleet and the best quality service. It is currently offering cheap flights to Oceania, countries in Asia and other continents like America, Canada, South Africa, British, Chile... Popular and low-cost airlines flying to Australia include China Eastern Airlines, China Southern Airlines, Vietnam Airlines,Delta Air Lines, Etihad Airways, Air China, Air India, Cathay Pacific, Cebu Pacific, Etihad Airways, FIji AIrways, Garuda Indonesia, Indonesia AirAsia X, Malaysia Airlines, Air Niugini, Air Vanuatu, AirAsia X, Aircalin, Asiana Airlines, Virgin Samoa, Xiamen Airlines, Solomon Airlines, Sichuan Airlines, Scoot, Philippine Airlines, LAN Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, Asiana Airlines, All Nippon Airways, American Airlines.
- Nearly one third of Australian area is located in tropical climate zone. The rest lies in the temperate climate zone. In winter, June and August are the coldest months and the temperature falls below 0°C. In Summer, December and February are the hottest months with the temperature up to 40°C.
- Tourists should change money into US Dollar or Australian Dollar when visiting Australia. They should change money at banks, exchange foreign currency counters at the airport, hotels...
- Victoria market is the famous shopping place in Melbourne, while Paddington is the popular market in Sydney. If the tourist is a shoppaholic, she should reach areas as Brunwick St, Fitzroy in Melbourne and Oxford St, Paddington in Sydney. Tourists should not make noise or disorder in public places, crowded places, in restaurant, trains, buses...
- Tourists will have to declare to the Australian Customs if carrying cash over 10.000 AUD in cash or other currencies equivalent. If tourists bring traveler's checks or money orders, they will also have to declare if requested by customs at airport. If they are detected without declare, tourists will be severely punished. Thus, tourists should bring credit cards to make payment more convenient. If tourists carry valuable items such as gold, silver, laptop, camera, watch, electronics... with the total amount of over 900 AUD, remember to declare when entering.
- Like other countries, tipping is also an Australian culture. When tourists enter a restaurant or hotel, they should give a tip about 5 to 10% of the total amount of their bill.
- Australia has a convenient and modern transportation system, so tourists easily choose means such as aircraft, car, train and bus. If tourists want to explore many cities, they should travel by air. If they travel alone and want to reduce cost, bus is the most appreciate mean in the city.