the world's smartest travel social network
Traveling is not all about sightseeing, great restaurants and experiencing new cities. While these things are great and can make for really enjoyable travel, they are not always in the plans for weekly business travelers. We travel more often because we have to, not because we want to.
For those of us who travel routinely, it can sometimes be mundane things that happen to us along our journey that get us excited. Or we create our own fun with little games we play with ourselves to get through the stress of travel (such as “if I leave this bottle of liquid hand lotion in my purse, will TSA spot it?” or “how many pennies can I leave in my pocket before I’ll ding?”).
In looking back at my countless travel days, there are many events that got me excited or made me smile, some so boring you may wonder if I have a life! So here I share --
Top 10 mundane things (Letterman-style) that make me a very happy traveler:
10. Having a fresh supply of bins brought to my security line just before it’s time to go through the belt.
9. Approaching the line at Starbucks on a Monday morning and I’m the only one in line.
8. Getting through security without having to take off my jacket.
7. Getting seated in my rental car and the mirrors are already at the right adjustment for me.
6. Finding that my rental car is in space 05 rather than space 795.
5. Watching as one of the skinniest people on the plane sits down next to me in the middle seat of coach.
4. Finding hotel slippers when I open the closet.
3. Having a new TSA line open up just as I’m approaching security.
2. Checking into a hotel that has in-room Starbucks coffee.
1. Finding a bathroom stall that actually has room for me and my luggage without the need for me to stand on the toilet seat to close the door. Yes, this one definitely makes me the happiest!