The year 2022 is also the 10th anniversary of the opening of TOKYO SKYTREE TOWN. centering on the tallest free-standing broadcast tower in the world, whiich will be aglow with a special "Happy New Year!" greeting, along with an image of the Japanese flag.
Light-up and projection map schedule is January 1 from midnight to 6 am and January 1-3 from 5:45 pm to midnight.
In addition, commemorative anniversary events include:
Shishimai, a propitious lion dance, welcoming spectators praying for good health and prosperity in the new year and ohayashi traditional music accompanying the dance.
- Time: January 1 at 10 am and 11 am (20 minutes each)
- Location: ground floor Solamachi Square
- Kakizome, the first calligraphy at the beginning of New Year, including a large-brush calligraphic performance by artist Mouri Suzuki
- Time: January 2nd and 3rd at 1 pm (about 30 minutes)
- Location: Solamachi Square
Kakizome Workshop - A free participatory workshop with Mouri Suzuki giving guidance, helping participants bring forth and write down their emotions for the New Year as a single kanji character.
- Time: January 2nd and 3rd at every half hour between 2 and 6 pm (about 20 minutes each)
- Location: Tokyo Solamachi East Yard 5th Floor Special Venue
New Year's Laughter Live 2022: Live performances by stand-up comedians at Tokyo Solamachi - First laugh at Solamachi
- Time: January 1-3 at 1:30 and 3:30 pm
- Location: Tokyo Solamachi East Yard 5th Floor, Space # 634
More details: https://www.tokyo-solamachi.jp/