the world's smartest travel social network
The Great Conservation Hero- Russell E. Train, first president of the World Wildlife Fund’s, took his last breath on 17th of September 2012. He played a key role to raise concerns about environmental protection and for that making an effective laws and more importantly in effective enforcement of that rules. However Mr. Train was widely regarded American conservationists but under his Successfully Revolutionary Guidance the WWF grown to a global organization as conservation force.
From the part of his early life:
1. He was a tax court judge. In 1965, when he was of 45 years old left his position as tax court judge to become president of Conservation Foundation.
2. In 1968 Mr. Train was elected as Chairperson of Task Force on Environment for U.S.
3. He become the first ever chairperson of U.S. Council on Environmental Quality (a group of advisor, who advise president of environment related issues.) in 1970.
4. He served as the Administrator of EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) of US from 1973 to 1977.
5. From 1978 to 1985 he was the President and also Chairperson of WWF (World Wildlife Fund).
6. In the year of 1991 he was honored from the Presidential Medal of Freedom from U.S. (the U.S. highest civilian honor).
7. In 2006, Train received the prestigious Heinz Award, honoring individuals who have made extraordinary achievements on issues of importance.
8. In 2006, Train received the prestigious Heinz Award, honoring individuals who have made extraordinary achievements on issues of importance.
We are giving tribute to this great hero on behalf of whole Jim Corbett National Park India online booking portal Team.
Comments are closed for this blog post