Five cardinal rules of travel
When traveling, especially with one or more people, there are certain rules that one should keep in mind. It makes travel easier and causes less angst.
- Stay together. This is especially true when boarding a mode of transportation. Nothing is worse than having the train or subway pull out of the station and seeing the people you are traveling with still on the platform.
- If you don’t know what you are eating, don’t ask. Part of the experience is trying new foods. If you don’t know what it is, eat it, and don’t ask. Who knows you may find that you like it even if it is something you would have refused if you had known what it was.
- Always look behind. Travelers have so many things on their minds that it is easy to leave things behind on a seat or chair. Always look behind when you get up to see if there is something you forgot on the table, on the chair, or something that had fallen on the floor.
- If you are not having fun stop doing it. Travel should be enjoyable. It you are not having a good time, stop, rethink what you are doing and find something that you do enjoy.
- On the way home plan the next trip. Always be thinking of the next trip. Everyone should always have something to look forward to.