Last month I had gone to Bangalore for work.Since I was going by train and had work on MG Road, I decided to stay at a hotel in Majestic locality, which is close to Bangalore City Railway Station as well MG Road. The hotel I chose was FabHotel Arafa Inn because it looked good in the pictures and i  got a room there at around INR 1500, which I think is pretty decent for a budget property. I must have checked-in at around 9 in the morning, after which I slept through the rest of the morning as I couldn't do so on the train.  Thankfully, the room was quite, both decor wise and comfort wise. For lunch, I went to the hotel's restaurant and ordered a simple dal, sabzi and rotis that tasted homely and proved a good, light meal. In the evening, I went for a little stroll in Cubbon Park, which was quite nearby. After walking around and looking at the greenery, flowers and birds, I took a cab to Koramangala, in many ways the gastronomy hub of Bangalore owing to the number and variety of restaurants there. First stop was Social, where i ordered their Electric Longest Long Island Iced Tea. For the actual meal, I tried Malabar Bay, which serves coastal Indian dishes. I ordered a prawn and squid starter and the famous Meen Pollichattu for entrees with Kerala Parota. After that lavish meal,which by the way, was out of this world, I paced back to the hotel for a good night's sleep. Sharp at 6:30 in the morning, I received a wake up call from the reception, as I had requested before dozing off the previous night. The hotel's complimentary breakfast was served at around 8:00 am, which was again filling and tasty. Thereafter, I sped off to take care of work, which I was done with by 1:30 pm. I hastily made my way back to the hotel for lunch, for which I again ordered light, veg dishes as I had a plane to catch in the evening, which I didn't want to do with a heavy stomach. Post lunch, I watched some TV in my room and connected my laptop to the hotel Wi-Fi (which was free for guests).When came time to leave, I asked the manager at the reception for public transport, to which he suggested I take a cab. The 7:30 flight dropped me at Delhi at 10:15 pm; after check-out and retrieving my luggage, I made my way home by Metro, thus concluding my trip.

Views: 358


You need to be a member of Tripatini to add comments!

Join Tripatini

Your Travel Pix





© 2021   Created by EnLinea Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service