the world's smartest travel social network
New Zealand is an island country located in Pacific Ocean, Oceania. New Zealand consists of two main landmasses: North Island and South Island, along with many small islands. This country does not share borders with any countries because of its isolated location. The country has an area of 270,534km2 and the population of more than 4.5 million people. New Zealand is situated about 900 miles east of Australia across the Tasman Sea, and roughly 600 miles south of the Pacific island areas of New Caledonia, Fiji, and Tonga. Wellington is the capital of New Zealand, while Auckland is the most populous city.
New Zealand has a mild and temperate maritime climate. The average temperature ranges from 10-16°C from north to south. Historical maxima and minima are 42°C and -25°C. The climate varies sharply across regions. The southern and southwestern parts of the South Island have a cool and pleasant climate, while the north and northeast of South Island are the sunniest areas of the country. In addition, snow often appears in the South Island from June to October. Snowfall is less common in the North Island, although it does occur.
New Zealand is a constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary democracy. Its official currency is New Zealand dollar. This country has two official languages including English and Maori. In terms of religion, Christianity is the predominant religion in this country. The main Christian denominations are the Anglicanism (representing 14.8%), Roman Catholic (accounting for 13,6%), Presbyterian (10,7%) and Methodist (5%).
Wellington is the capital as well as a cultural and art center of New Zealand. Wellington owns many heritage buildings, famous museums such as Tapapa Museum and large art galleries. The big cultural events of the country are held here. Wellington is an ideal place for relaxation. This beautiful city looks like a great painting with impressive wooden houses built on mountainsides, hills, sea ports, green forests and wild animal reserve area. Additionally, there are stunning beaches on small islands and dreaming villages along the coast. Te Papa Museum, Parliament House, Botanical Gardens, the National Congress, Zealandia - the natural museum, Victoria Mountain, the famous pearl production and Masterton are indispensable attractions in Wellington. Also, nightlife in Wellington is very vibrant with many restaurants, bars, pubs and unique coffee shops.
Auckland is one of the most busiest cities and known as the city of sails in New Zealand. Auckland is surrounded by beautiful islands, sea and forests. Coming here, tourists can visit parks, landscapes, shopping areas, restaurants, walkways, bars, clubs, museums and so on. During the tour in Auckland, tourists should not miss Auckland Museum- one of the most famous museums of New Zealand, Mission Bay, Piha beach, Princes and Viaduct Wharf, Sky Tower, Kelly Tarlton's Sea Life Aquarium, and Otara Market.
Currently, there are some main international airports such as Auckland Airport, Christchurch Airport, and Wellington International Airport exploiting daily domestic and international flights to/ from New Zealand. In addition, tourists can choose flights from New Zealand at some major airports such as
- Rotorua International Airport (Rotorua)
- Hamilton International Airport (Hamilton)
- Milford Sound Airport (Milford Sound)
- Gisborne Airport (Gisborne)
- Queenstown Airport (Queenstown)
Currently, cheap flights New Zealand - Vietnam can easily book cheap flights of the reputable airlines in Asia and Australia. The popular airlines having flights to New Zealand and from New Zealand to Vietnam are Vietnam Airlines, China Air, China Southern Airlines, Qantas Airways, China Eastern Airlines, Cathay Pacific Airways, Korean Air, Philippine Airlines, Malaysia Airlines...
Air New Zealand is the most popular national airline in New Zealand. It is also the largest airline in Oceania with the excellent quality service. This airlines currently offers cheap flights to Oceania, cheap flights to South East Asia, and some country in other continents such as America, British, Argentina, Chile... Popular and low-cost airlines flying to New Zealand include Air China, Air Tahiti Nui, Philippine Airlines, Qantas operated by Jetconnect, Singapore Airlines, Virgin Samoa, Virgin Australia, Malaysia Airlines, LAN Airlines, Korean Air, Hawaiian Airlines, Fiji Airways, Emirates, China Southern Airlines, China Eastern Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Aircalin, Air Vanuatu...
- Visitors can travel New Zealand all year round. Visitors, who like warm weather with pleasant sunshine and clear blue sky, should travel to New Zealand from November to April of the following year, when Christmas is held. Visitors coming here during the time cannot ignore exciting winter sports such as skiing, playing with snow...
- New Zealand was the former colony of British, so its food is influenced greatly by Britain cuisine. Traveling to New Zealand, tourists will certainly enjoy a rich and unique culinary culture. Delicious dishes and drinks in New Zealand are seafood cakes, kiwifruit, cheese, chocolate, Vegemite and Marmite paste, white wine, chutney sauce, crackers, New Zealand ice cream and barbecue... Snacks is quite popular in New Zealand, along with sandwiches, Burger King or McDonald. New Zealand is known for many delicious fruits, especially kiwi. It would be great to enjoy the delicious fruits and visit the most famous kiwi orchards such as Te Puke, Rotorua, Nelson...
- The official currency in New Zealand is New Zealand dollar (NZD), but visitor can also pay by US dollar at many places. Also, visitors can pay by credit cards such as Visa, Master at restaurants, shops, supermarkets, shopping centers, and luxury hotels...
- New Zealand people are very polite, friendly and hospitable. They prefer a peaceful life to a noisy and boisterous one. Shops in the suburbs are often just opens until Friday, while those in the city center are opened all days. Goods in this country is quite diverse and imported from many countries.
- New Zealand has a convenient and modern transportation system; therefore, visitors can select suitable private or public vehicles to get around.