the world's smartest travel social network
Simply put and obvious enough, the Internet equals travel content overload.
• SoutheastAsia.org- “Feel the warmth” on SoutheastAsia.org. This site encourages visitors, especially international ones with an eye for adventure and special interest, to plan and book around the 10 countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). One will find articles and information on special event catered to niche themes. As a matter of fact, themes run rampant throughout the site; everything from ecotourism and cultural sightseeing to cruising. It’s also great to know that it provides excellent coverage for small to medium-sized suppliers.
• MekongResponsibleTourism.org– An e-guide with everything revolving the countries along the Mekong River. This handy guide allows users to find accommodations, restaurants, shops and tour operators in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, and China’s Guangxi and Yunnan Provinces. A Google map is embedded in each country’s page that pin-points leisure activities including tours, nature sites, cultural venues and places to eat, stay and shop.
• MekongDiscoveryTrail.com– The site casts a light on life in Northeast Cambodia, and in Kratie and Stung Treng provinces. It contains maps and useful news of the trails, and offers a myriad of choices for leisure activities like forest trekking, dolphin viewing, and house boating.
• Visitkorea.or.kr- The neat thing about the site is that folks aren’t limited to booking ordinary hotels – they can actually look into staying in Hanok Traditional Houses or Buddhist Korean Temples! Flights and Rails can be also be booked via KORAIL, Korean Air and Asiana Airlines.
• Tourismthailand.org/us- The Tourism Authority of Thailand’s (TAT) homepage contains “What’s New,” a scrolling box highlighting the latest news; another column that displays current and upcoming festivals and events; and a “Travel Deals” section, which shows the newest specials on travel packages.
• Honeymooning-in-thailand.com- Also from the TAT, this niche site focuses on the love aspect of tourism: post marriage vacations. Packages for spa treatments, romantic accommodations and gourmet dinners are available.
• DiscoverHongKong.com/USA - Interactively speaking, this site delivers the “Mobile App Series”, iPhone and Android travel applications to provide visitors with the latest tourist information. From finding nearby points of interest using the phone’s camera and GPS with the “DiscoverHongKong—AR” application to providing foodies with the perfect wine to match their Chinese meal with “DiscoverHongKong—Food and Wine Pairing,” these convenient apps
• http://share.23perspective.com/amazing_thailand_app/iphone.php (“Amazing Thailand” Application) – It’s all about Thai with this innovative app. Powered by the TAT, it offers information on destination guides, events, shopping and more. Once visitors arrive in Thailand, this app will guide them to virtually any place they want to go to via its GPS.
Click here to read the article: http://www.agentathome.com/Article.aspx?n=3019&start=2
Venture into this thriving part of the world on one of our River Cruises!