Hola Amigos. We noticed that you have flights to Lima. Are you interested in setting up flights to Lima for our groups from Europe and US? We would like to offer package trip to Machu Picchu including flights!
Thanks for the kind words. In addition to posting here at Tripatini and at New Media Travel, we also post to Family Travel Forum and manage the Travel Home page for Technorati. We Tweet from all three accounts (FTF, TRTravel and newmediatravel) and have a healthy 7000+ "likes" on FB.
Our last fun experience with things Spanish was our Andalusia Audio PostCard for NPR stations, and a Salamanca/Segovia piece. We look forward to doing more work from there.
We will of course Tweet your contest from all three Twitter accounts and post to our FB page.
Unfortunately, the Iberia chapter of SEPLA, the Spanish pilots' union, has confirmed in a news conference that there will be a strike on the 18th and 29th of December.
At Iberia we will avail ourselves of all means at our disposal to minimize the effects of this strike on our passengers. The Spanish Ministry of Development will next decide what percentage of flights are protected by "minimal service" guarantees.
As soon as we know these minimal service guarantees, we will reorganize operations and will announce affected flights. We will facilitate flight and date changes as well as ticket refunds so as to offer affected passengers travel alternatives.
We'd like remind everyone that normally all flights to the Balearic and Canary Islands are protected. More than 90% of long-haul flights are usually also protected, as are a good portion of short- and medium-haul flights.
We will keep you informed as the situation evolves. We will always seek the best solutions.
Regarding media reports of a possible Iberia pilots’ strike in December, we realize that many of you planning to travel with us during this coming month may be concerned about what may happen. Therefore we would like to share with you the latest information we have:
- At this time, the strike is not official but only a threat, so we still do not know if it will occur and if so, on what dates.
- If a strike should occur, a list of flights will be approved that will be insulated from any disruptions the strike may cause in the Iberia system. On previous occasions, such flights have included all those serving the Canary and Balearic Islands, a significant number of medium-haul routes, and almost all long-haul flights.
- We would also like to remind everyone that this would be a strike of pilots for Iberia Airlines only, and therefore would not affect flights operated by associated airlines Air Nostrum (IB8XXX), Vueling (IB5000) and codeshares (IB7XXX and IB4XXX).
- If a strike should in fact be carried out, we would of course supply all information and updates as we receive them, through our website, call centers, and social media channels. We will also make every effort to relax any restictions on fares, ticket changes, and reimbursements for passengers affected by schedule disruption.
Due to a Wednesday Nov. 30 immigration personnel strike at London Heathrow, Iberia is relaxing its change restrictions for all Heathrow flights. Passengers who want to avoid resulting entry delays may change their flights through their travel agents or Serviberia:http://ow.ly/7F77J
Welcome to Tripatini, the worldwide travel community the New York Post dubbed “Facebook for travelers.” On Tripatini, you can mingle with travelers and top travel experts alike, so everybody learns how to travel better and smarter. A few tips to get you rolling:
• JOIN one or more of our 450+ discussion groups, covering most destinations, travel topics, and travel-related professions such as media, publicists, agents, and tour operators. What are you into? Chances are we cover it. If we don’t, create your own group!
• INTRODUCE YOURSELF by sharing your story, links, photos, videos, anything at all on the Text Box on your profile.
• INVITE your friends, family, colleagues, guests, anyone and everyone interested in travel! More members means a more productive, useful, and fun experience for everyone.
• Please FOLLOW TRIPATINI ON TWITTER, "LIKE" US ON FACEBOOK, and post/tweet about us when you can; we’ll be more than happy to reciprocate.