Did you know that booking a cruise with a cruise expert could save you time and money? I recently worked with Jamie Erdman and learned a lot about cruises from a real expert.
Jamie is the Brand Manager of DiscountCruises.com, a website dedicated to cruise travel. She shared her knowledge and tips and told me that there's a cruise line and a cruise ship to suit almost everyone’s taste and budget. She also said that many travelers miss out on the best deals because they don’t utilize the services of a travel expert to place their cruise vacations. She said that by researching online and working with a cruise expert you can customize your trip, receive the best ticket prices and get onboard credits that you can use during the cruise to pay for extras that aren't included in the ticket price like cocktails, excursions and spa treatments.
Here are some additional suggestions:
- Take advantage of Home Porting – This is a growing trend in cruising because you can drive to the ship, park at your leisure, and save a lot (about $1,000 for a family of four) on airfare, baggage fees and hotel stays. With the money you save, you can extend your cruise for a longer period of time, or upgrade your accommodations.
- Do your cruise research at an online cruise aggregator website rather than through an individual cruise line, and speak with a cruise professional before you purchase your cruise vacation. For the same money you’ll spend on the price of your ticket, a pro will give you objective information about each cruise line, and explain the big or subtle differences between carriers, itineraries, cuisine and ports of call. You'll also receive the deepest discounts, the most onboard credits and the best suggest for excursions and sightseeing highlights.
- Here's a secret: Book your next cruise before completing your last one.
- You’ll get the deepest discount on tickets for your next cruise while accruing the most onboard credits
- You’ll have up to five years to use your reservation
- It takes only a $200 deposit to hold your reservation
- You won’t have to choose a destination at the time that you book
- Even if the price of the cruise goes up, you’re locked in at the lowest rate
- Booking your next cruise before going ashore, is a great way to insure a luxury vacation at a great price
Whether you’re interested in a European river cruise, an ocean liner vacation in the Caribbean or Mexico, or an island-hopping cruise adventure in Hawaii, for an average of $100 a day, it’s hard to beat a carefree vacation with three meals a day, unlimited snacks, complimentary room service, Broadway-style entertainment, and varied activities for every age group.