the world's smartest travel social network
The Traveler of the Year Competition is a five-month contest featuring two seasoned travelers who will go head-to-head showing the online travel community how to experience the world’s most popular and exotic destinations, even on a limited budget.
• Selection phase: All applicants will be judged on a 3-5 minute video demonstrating creativity, travel experience and screen presence. Voters will select two lucky finalists to embark on the journey of a lifetime, one to China and the other to India.
• Travel phase: CheapOair will offer a stipend of $7,500 to each contestant who will be able to bring a travel companion to explore their destinations while creating fun, unique and informative videos, photographs, travel articles and social media messages around challenges to find the best value in ultimate experience.
• Judging phase: Voters will follow the traveler’s updates in preparation to judge each of them on a video synthesizing their entire 30-day trip. The winner will receive a grand prize of $5,000 for future travel with CheapOair.
How to Enter:
To enter the contest, send us a 3-5 minute video demonstrating why you think you should be the Traveler of the Year. Tell us about yourself and highlight your travel experience through one or more of the following topics:
• Give us a tour of your favorite travel destination, city or landmarks.
• Tell us the tips and tricks you have or would use to travel the world for less.
• Share a significant impact that a foreign culture has had on you.
• Show us exciting footage from adventures you have been on around the world.
To enter, you must:
• Be skilled at creating engaging video and blog posts about traveling.
• Be 18 years or older.
• Have a valid U.S. passport.
• Be able to travel between 10/12/12 and 11/12/12 to either China or India.
• Have an interest in traveling and the challenges that come with it.